Do you want to update or remodel your bathroom to make it more accessible? Or perhaps you’re just looking for a few tweaks to make your current bathroom a little bit easier to use.
With our bathrooms, you don’t have to compromise on style for accessibility. Whatever your situation, we’ll design a bathroom that’s practical for you to use and so good-looking, you’ll be desperate to show it off to family and friends.
Adapting your bathroom can help you stay independent in your home. The right bathroom setup for you will depend on the size of your current (or proposed) bathroom, your level of mobility and you and your family’s personal preferences. By carrying out a free, no-commitment survey, we can create a bespoke bathing solution to meet your needs and budget.
There are lots of options when it comes to adapting your bathroom. If you have any questions about what may be the most appropriate solution for you and your family, just get in touch and we’d be happy to help.
If you’re able to walk into a shower unaided, then a level access shower is a stylish, practical alternative to a traditional shower or bath. Shower trays can either be low profile (with a small rim of just a few centimetres to step over) or completely recessed into the floor.
Walk-in showers combine a traditional, enclosed shower experience with excellent accessibility. It’s a cheaper option than a full wet room, and many people prefer to keep water confined to just one part of the room!
Our low-level shower trays are all slip resistant, and we can incorporate a shower grab rail into the design to provide a bit of extra security if required. Trays can even be fitted with integral ramps to aid access for those using wheeled shower chairs.
Give your bathroom the “wow” factor with a stylish, contemporary wet room. This is an ideal option if you use a wheelchair or require care-assisted showering.
We can incorporate adjustable lighting, stunning design elements and underfloor heating to create a relaxing bathing environment. With a huge range of finishes, optional shower screens and fixtures and fittings, it’s easy to create your perfect look.
Wet rooms create a sense of space and are a great option for improving accessibility in smaller bathrooms, such as en suites. They can be installed on any floor of your home and our installations are guaranteed to be leak-free.
Showers may be a practical bathing solution, but they’re just not the same as having a long, relaxing soak in a bath. By replacing your existing bath with a walk-in bath, you can keep your existing bathroom layout and continue to bathe safely and independently.
There are two main types of walk-in baths:
- Full-length walk-in bath – a traditional bathtub shape and size, with a watertight door for easy access. This can be a good option if you struggle to step over the side of your existing bath and mean the rest of your family can make use of the conventional bath design. More advanced baths can be fitted with an integrated electric bath lift, so you don’t have to worry about being able to rise from the bath after a long soak.
- Upright walk-in bath – a taller style of bathtub where you bathe in a seated position. If you struggle to lie down in a full-length bath, then a tub bath will allow you to enjoy a relaxing soak without worrying about getting out at the end. They take up a smaller footprint, so help free up space in your bathroom. This also makes them a good option for smaller bathrooms or to replace an existing shower unit.
We install thermostatic mixer taps with all our baths to prevent scalding and make sure your bath is filled to a comfortable temperature. Baths have twin wastes to drain quickly.
For a more luxurious bathing experience, choose a hydrotherapy bath, designed to massage your skin and help your muscles relax.
We’re sometimes able to reuse your existing shower in your new bathroom. Alternatively, we have a wide range of electric and thermostatic showers that are easy to use and have in-built safety features to prevent injuries from sudden temperature changes.
A shower seat can provide you with support and extra security when bathing. We offer a full range of fitted and free-standing shower seats to suit your requirements and the needs of anyone else who shares your bathroom.
Fitted seats can be folded up or down when not in use to allow you and others to move around the shower unobstructed. They come in various styles, materials and designs, with different degrees of padding.
Freestanding seats can range from a portable stool, up to a wheeled shower chair. To find out more about what options we can offer, get in touch for a chat and free quote.
Grab rails can give you extra confidence when showering and help prevent falls. We have a range of grab rails in different sizes, materials and styles, so you can choose something that fits with the look and feel of your bathroom.
Going to the toilet is not something most of us like to talk about. We know that struggling to use your toilet is frustrating, embarrassing and threatens your independence. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
We have a range of assisted toileting products that can help you carry out your private business, well, in private. These include:
- Automatic shower toilet – this combines a toilet, bidet and dryer which can be activated by a push button or remote control.
- Bidet seat – a more economical option than the shower toilet, a bidet seat can be fitted to your existing toilet. Higher end models have wash-and-dry facilities controlled by a remote and may have a heated seat!
- Raised height toilet – if you transfer to the toilet from a wheelchair, or if you struggle to stand up after using the toilet, then a raised height toilet may be a good option for you. There are a range of styles available.
- Toilet plinths – these can be installed under the pedestal of your existing toilet to raise the height, making it easier to get on and off the toilet.
- Oversized toilet seats – there are several makes of toilet seat specifically designed to give comfort and support for larger people.
In addition to the toilet itself, we can install grab rails or a hoist to make toileting an easy and pleasant experience.